One of the most important things that you should take care of when you just relocated to a new place is to find a trusted and reliable dentist. Finding a dental clinic that you can go to whenever you have dental or oral problems is such a relief. A trusted dentist is just like a family who can certainly help you in times of need.
Your dentist can help you with the following which are listed as the most common dental problems:
– Stains and discolorations – Yellow or stained teeth are unpleasant to see and can definitely take away from an otherwise attractive smile. Teeth whitening offered in many dental clinics is very much in demand as it’s the easiest thing to stain the teeth. You can suffer from discolored teeth just from drinking certain beverages like coffee, soda, wine and eating certain foods like ketchup, beets, berries and chocolates.
– Cavities – If you’re besieged by tooth decay, you’ll need to go to a dentist, probably for a filling if it only involves a minor case. In severe cases of tooth decay, an extraction may be necessary. A root canal is another option.
– Chips, cracks, and breaks – If there’s structural damage to your tooth, you may go for a veneer for superficial issues or an outright crown for more substantial damage.
– Gaps – If you have missing teeth, you’ll probably go for dentures. If you want something more long-lasting and low maintenance, dental implants would be the answer. What if it’s just one tooth? A common solution for this is bridgework, which is like a combination of crowns and dentures.
– Malocclusions – Crooked teeth can be a turn off, but they can also cause problems other than the social kind. They could affect speech and cause discomfort. Malocclusions are normally corrected using braces, but treatment with braces has to be done by a dentist who has specialized in orthodontics.